AFC Urgent Care Cedar Grove can bring a medical provider to you from the comfort of your own home! Our team understands the difficulty of the current time and realizes that some patients may be unable to come in for an in-person visit to our walk-in clinic. With our Telemedicine program, you don’t have to worry! Our providers can have a full consultation with you over a secure video chat, right on your computer, tablet or smartphone. Appointments are easy to make and are accepted seven days a week.
What can be assessed during a Telemedicine Visit?
Many conditions can be assessed during a typical telemedicine visit, including:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following are excluded from Virtual Visits and require a visit to our center for diagnosis and treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under 6 months
How do I make an appointment?
To register, click this link and fill out the required information. After your request is submitted, a member of our staff will contact you to complete registration, after which a verification code will be texted to your cell phone number. Enter the code, consent to use of telemedicine and your appointment will be ready to begin!
What happens once I have made an appointment?
At the start of your appointment, a member of our staff will go over the details of the appointment as well as your medical history before the medical provider joins. While talking to the physician, you can ask any question you normally would during a visit and the provider will be able to provide recommended treatment options.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in Cedar Grove, NJ
If you are in need of medical attention, schedule a virtual visit with AFC Urgent Care Cedar Grove today! Our center is open seven days a week, and our telemedicine visits are offered during convenient hours. For questions or more information, please call 973-239-2300.